Otaku of America

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Otaku of America

A safe place for American Otaku, Anime Fans and Japanese Pop Culture Enthusiasts.

+2
TylerJunky
Kursed Kreature
6 posters

Random Discussion

Kursed Kreature
    Kursed Kreature

Random Discussion Empty Random Discussion

Post  Kursed Kreature Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:37 pm

As i have said in my introduction, i am quite the gamer, and i decided to start this topic to hear other gamers preffered types of games, you can also name them, what games you like, what games you are currently into at this very moment, like myself there is a ton of games i like, from those Classic Mario and Zelda games, Street fighter, Mortal Kombat, i'll even say that i have quite the Collection of Naruto games, i should mention the names of the consoles you own as well, as for me, well i currently own a:

N64, Playstation 2, Wii, Playstation Portable, Playstation 3, Gamecube and a Gameboy Advanced SP

the System i spend the most time playing is the Ps3, and if anyone also owns a Ps3, and has Playstation Network, feel free to add me on there "Kursed_Kreature" is my Gamertag, and i'm currently going through a Blazblue phase, i have been playing alot of Blazblue Continuum Shift, it's an Awesome game in my opinion, lots of stuff to do, been playing it for a couple of weeks now and i still have not onced played an online match, honestly i don't like Online, there is alot of Hatred spread across the online world of the gamer, it's hard to find some nice guys on there, well i should say good sports, it's quite the pain in the neck to recieve hatemail from those whom who have defeated in a Online match whether it be in a fighting game, or a game like Call Of Duty, Halo or Gears of War.

I'll mention one time when i used to Have an Xbox 360, i played an Online match in Gears of war 2, my team destroys the other team, we win the match, and every single memeber of the other team sent me hatemail, i'll admit, i don't like Losing, but i never send hatemail if i do, even if i'm screaming in Anger at one of my losses ^^;;, but anyway, this would be our random discussion, discuss anything under the topic of Video gaming here My friends. ^_^
    TylerJunky
    TylerJunky
    Admin

Random Discussion Empty Re: Random Discussion

Post  TylerJunky Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Quite the Topic you have here, Love it.

Sadly I only have a Xbox 360. The game I've been playing the most out of recently is final fantasy 13. I’m really loving it since it's the first ff game that I think I can actually beat. I’m on Chapter 11. Leveling up my characters in Gran Pules. I’m trying to fight and gain some CP so I can max out my Crystalium. That well probably take me a few months to a year but I want to be prepared for what ever comes my why on the third disk.

What really make me mad is the fact that I don’t have a Ps3 to play some of the other FF games. My families financial situation is completely fucked so I can only afford one game every few months. I want a PS3 so I can Play all of teh new FF’s. I think FF 13 is the only one for the 360. Or am I wrong? Getting so far on this one makes me feel like a can actually get through the others. If there are any RPG’s that are as Epic as FF and are on the 360 then place give me recommendations.

I also fancy First Person shooters like everyone else. I just finieshed FEAR and am looking forwerd to playing Fear2.

And like most Gamers I also Love Servivel Horror. I'm playing through Dead Space for the 5th time.
    Kursed Kreature
    Kursed Kreature

Post  Kursed Kreature Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:44 am

TylerJunky wrote:Quite the Topic you have here, Love it.

Sadly I only have a Xbox 360. The game I've been playing the most out of recently is final fantasy 13. I’m really loving it since it's the first ff game that I think I can actually beat. I’m on Chapter 11. Leveling up my characters in Gran Pules. I’m trying to fight and gain some CP so I can max out my Crystalium. That well probably take me a few months to a year but I want to be prepared for what ever comes my why on the third disk.

What really make me mad is the fact that I don’t have a Ps3 to play some of the other FF games. My families financial situation is completely fucked so I can only afford one game every few months. I want a PS3 so I can Play all of teh new FF’s. I think FF 13 is the only one for the 360. Or am I wrong? Getting so far on this one makes me feel like a can actually get through the others. If there are any RPG’s that are as Epic as FF and are on the 360 then place give me recommendations.

I also fancy First Person shooters like everyone else. I just finieshed FEAR and am looking forwerd to playing Fear2.

And like most Gamers I also Love Servivel Horror. I'm playing through Dead Space for the 5th time.

Thank you, and thats quite an interesting story buds, and i am also sorry to hear D:, though i cannot answer your question, i do not really keep track of the Final Fantasy games, i mean, i only played 4 of them, and only beaten two, which was FF X-2 and FF VII Dirge of Cerberus, the other two games that i didn't beat were Final Fantasy VIII and the Original Final Fantasy VII for the Ps1 system.

Back when i had my Xbox 360, Fear and Fear 2 were one of the many games i played for it when i owned it, Fear 2 is quite the improvement over the first one, I'm quite positive you'll enjoy it Tyler if you liked the first one! xD

Dead Space seems like an alright game, i have a friend of mine that really enjoyed it a long time ago, and i watched him play it, but now he has not played in awhile, must of grown out of it, but might i ask, do you enjoy fighting games?
    TylerJunky
    TylerJunky
    Admin

Post  TylerJunky Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 am

Kursed Kreature wrote:

Thank you, and thats quite an interesting story buds, and i am also sorry to hear D:, though i cannot answer your question, i do not really keep track of the Final Fantasy games, i mean, i only played 4 of them, and only beaten two, which was FF X-2 and FF VII Dirge of Cerberus, the other two games that i didn't beat were Final Fantasy VIII and the Original Final Fantasy VII for the Ps1 system.

Back when i had my Xbox 360, Fear and Fear 2 were one of the many games i played for it when i owned it, Fear 2 is quite the improvement over the first one, I'm quite positive you'll enjoy it Tyler if you liked the first one! xD

Dead Space seems like an alright game, i have a friend of mine that really enjoyed it a long time ago, and i watched him play it, but now he has not played in awhile, must of grown out of it, but might i ask, do you enjoy fighting games?

This is going to be a tear jerking story (or it might not) but since I'm an Otaku - and 5% hikikomori - I don't have many friends outside the internets so two player fighting games are a little be meh to me. I don't have the option to go online either since X-box live is beyond my budget (I don't even have a budget Rolling Eyes ) The only friend I do have has a regular old X-box we play Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance on. But he memorised all the damn combos and Finishing moves so he's pretty much unbeatable. So technically the only fighting game I've played recently I hate because I keep getting killed.

Kursed Kreature
    Kursed Kreature

Post  Kursed Kreature Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 pm

TylerJunky wrote:
    Kursed Kreature wrote:

This is going to be a tear jerking story (or it might not) but since I'm an Otaku - and 5% hikikomori - I don't have many friends outside the internets so two player fighting games are a little be meh to me. I don't have the option to go online either since X-box live is beyond my budget (I don't even have a budget Rolling Eyes ) The only friend I do have has a regular old X-box we play Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance on. But he memorised all the damn combos and Finishing moves so he's pretty much unbeatable. So technically the only fighting game I've played recently I hate because I keep getting killed.

I'm Sorry to hear that D:, well i don't think Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance is all that great in it's fighting style anyway, atleast not compared to the old Mk games, and the newest one that came out in April (Which i have), but i'd Recommend you getting Street Fighter IV, or Super Street Fighter IV, that Game is rather Epic in my opinion.
    TylerJunky
    TylerJunky
    Admin

Post  TylerJunky Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Kursed Kreature wrote:
    TylerJunky wrote:
    Kursed Kreature wrote:

I'm Sorry to hear that D:, well i don't think Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance is all that great in it's fighting style anyway, atleast not compared to the old Mk games, and the newest one that came out in April (Which i have), but i'd Recommend you getting Street Fighter IV, or Super Street Fighter IV, that Game is rather Epic in my opinion.

I look em up Smile
    OtakuSiner91
    OtakuSiner91

Post  OtakuSiner91 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 am

Me can destroy most people at Tekken. But me don't have the X-box live. Me sad Crying or Very sad
    Kursed Kreature
    Kursed Kreature

Post  Kursed Kreature Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 am

Sorry to hear that Buds, Well i'm personally more about Street Fighter than Tekken, i won't lie, i tried out Tekken, just couldn't get into it. D:
    TarranceDale192
    TarranceDale192

Post  TarranceDale192 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 am

Kursed Kreature wrote:Sorry to hear that Buds, Well i'm personally more about Street Fighter than Tekken, i won't lie, i tried out Tekken, just couldn't get into it. D:

What about Soul Caliber? I'm well adapted to that.
    Kursed Kreature
    Kursed Kreature

Post  Kursed Kreature Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 am

TarranceDale192 wrote:
    Kursed Kreature wrote:Sorry to hear that Buds, Well i'm personally more about Street Fighter than Tekken, i won't lie, i tried out Tekken, just couldn't get into it. D:

What about Soul Caliber? I'm well adapted to that.

That game is really good, though i wouldn't really call myself an experienced player at it, despite owning Number II, III and IV ^^;;, well i mean, the only character i spent the most time using is Cervantes, so i'm alright with him i guess. xD
    Bfly
    Bfly

Post  Bfly Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:25 am

Awesome topic

I'm mosly into RPGs, but unlike a lot of people I'm not big on the FF games, I do have a few. I'm love The Shin Megami Tensei games. I'm very opened minded when it comes to gaming and play loads of different types of games, just seem to stay away from sports games.

I own a Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, DS Lite, PS2, PS3 and PSP.

I'm play my PS2 most of the time, it has so many great games that I still love to play and I feel have replay value. I'm not getting a 360, heard so much about it and the red ring of death. I know all of them have problems, but people I know have had a 360 for only 3-5 months and it's broken down. I'm just not going to risk it.
    TylerJunky
    TylerJunky
    Admin

Post  TylerJunky Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Bfly wrote:Awesome topic

I'm mosly into RPGs, but unlike a lot of people I'm not big on the FF games, I do have a few. I'm love The Shin Megami Tensei games. I'm very opened minded when it comes to gaming and play loads of different types of games, just seem to stay away from sports games.

I'm play my PS2 most of the time, it has so many great games that I still love to play and I feel have replay value. I'm not getting a 360, heard so much about it and the red ring of death. I know all of them have problems, but people I know have had a 360 for only 3-5 months and it's broken down. I'm just not going to risk it.

You must be fucken loaded! Damn I'm jelous. Well you marry me? lol

I don't know if this is going ot be licenced in the US but of it is check out "Black Rock Shooter: The Game" for the PSP and tell me how it is.

If it does hit the US I might just buy a PSP to play just this.

EDIT: Okay I gusse it is licenced! you can preorder it here!
    http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-PSP-1804&template=default/product/e_display.html
    Bfly
    Bfly

Post  Bfly Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Sadly, no I'm not loaded lol

That game looks a lot of fun, I'll have to keep an eye open for it, if not might import it.

I'm more into the DS then the PSP, not saying the PSP is bad, just the DS has some awesome games on it. I need to save up for a 3DS
    OtakuSiner91
    OtakuSiner91

Post  OtakuSiner91 Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:20 pm

TylerJunky wrote:
    Bfly wrote:Awesome topic

You must be fucken loaded! Damn I'm jelous. Well you marry me? lol

I don't know if this is going ot be licenced in the US but of it is check out "Black Rock Shooter: The Game" for the PSP and tell me how it is.

If it does hit the US I might just buy a PSP to play just this.

EDIT: Okay I gusse it is licenced! you can preorder it here!
    http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-PSP-1804&template=default/product/e_display.html

Holy christ farts this looks bad ass!!

*Reserves a copy*

This is how the BRS ova should've been like. Did'nt The PSP dominate over the the DS in the handheld market? Suspect
    Bfly
    Bfly

Post  Bfly Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:36 am

I'm not sure if the PSP or DS sold better. Most people I know who own both perfer the DS.
    TarranceDale192
    TarranceDale192

Post  TarranceDale192 Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Bfly wrote:I'm not sure if the PSP or DS sold better. Most people I know who own both perfer the DS.

I heard everyone went for the PSP because of the range of games. Mostly the RPG's and platformers. I heard FF7 crises core sold a lot of PSP's. And the fact that the PSP originated in japan so that may have something to do with it . Lmao
    Bfly
    Bfly

Post  Bfly Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:00 pm

TarranceDale192 wrote:
    Bfly wrote:I'm not sure if the PSP or DS sold better. Most people I know who own both perfer the DS.

I heard everyone went for the PSP because of the range of games. Mostly the RPG's and platformers. I heard FF7 crises core sold a lot of PSP's. And the fact that the PSP originated in japan so that may have something to do with it . Lmao

Oh yeah, crisis core is a good game. I perfer games like Chrono Trigger, FF III and the Castlevania games, that's why I go for the DS.
    TylerJunky
    TylerJunky
    Admin

Post  TylerJunky Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:09 pm

TarranceDale192 wrote:

is'nt the DS from Japan as well? Suspect
    Sillygooseproductions
    Sillygooseproductions

Post  Sillygooseproductions Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Kursed Kreature wrote:As i have said in my introduction, i am quite the gamer, and i decided to start this topic to hear other gamers preffered types of games, you can also name them, what games you like, what games you are currently into at this very moment, like myself there is a ton of games i like, from those Classic Mario and Zelda games, Street fighter, Mortal Kombat, i'll even say that i have quite the Collection of Naruto games, i should mention the names of the consoles you own as well, as for me, well i currently own a:

N64, Playstation 2, Wii, Playstation Portable, Playstation 3, Gamecube and a Gameboy Advanced SP

the System i spend the most time playing is the Ps3, and if anyone also owns a Ps3, and has Playstation Network, feel free to add me on there "Kursed_Kreature" is my Gamertag, and i'm currently going through a Blazblue phase, i have been playing alot of Blazblue Continuum Shift, it's an Awesome game in my opinion, lots of stuff to do, been playing it for a couple of weeks now and i still have not onced played an online match, honestly i don't like Online, there is alot of Hatred spread across the online world of the gamer, it's hard to find some nice guys on there, well i should say good sports, it's quite the pain in the neck to recieve hatemail from those whom who have defeated in a Online match whether it be in a fighting game, or a game like Call Of Duty, Halo or Gears of War.

I'll mention one time when i used to Have an Xbox 360, i played an Online match in Gears of war 2, my team destroys the other team, we win the match, and every single memeber of the other team sent me hatemail, i'll admit, i don't like Losing, but i never send hatemail if i do, even if i'm screaming in Anger at one of my losses ^^;;, but anyway, this would be our random discussion, discuss anything under the topic of Video gaming here My friends. ^_^
    I would like to add you as a friend on PSN, but what games do you play?
    Sillygooseproductions
    Sillygooseproductions

Post  Sillygooseproductions Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:47 am

ANYBODY HERE PLAY FUCKIN MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! That game, is so cool.
    TarranceDale192
    TarranceDale192

Post  TarranceDale192 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 am

Sillygooseproductions wrote:ANYBODY HERE PLAY FUCKIN MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! That game, is so cool.

I DO! I'm currently playing Deadly Alliance. My favorite character is scorpion! In every single game I play as him. I dominated EVERYONE in the first game. "GET OVER HERE" *uppercut!* I didn't know any of the fatalities so that was my own way of finishing them. I remember how my brother used to get so mad after I kicked his ass. I was like 11 at the time and he was 17 and a rather decently skilled player.
    Sillygooseproductions
    Sillygooseproductions

Post  Sillygooseproductions Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:29 pm

TarranceDale192 wrote:
    Sillygooseproductions wrote:ANYBODY HERE PLAY FUCKIN MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! That game, is so cool.

I DO! I'm currently playing Deadly Alliance. My favorite character is scorpion! In every single game I play as him. I dominated EVERYONE in the first game. "GET OVER HERE" *uppercut!* I didn't know any of the fatalities so that was my own way of finishing them. I remember how my brother used to get so mad after I kicked his ass. I was like 11 at the time and he was 17 and a rather decently skilled player.
    I started playing MK 9. It shows you how to actually do fatalities! I was slicing people's torso's out every match. lol!
    TylerJunky
    TylerJunky
    Admin

Post  TylerJunky Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 am

Sillygooseproductions wrote:
    TarranceDale192 wrote:

I started playing MK 9. It shows you how to actually do fatalities! I was slicing people's torso's out every match. lol!

I'm not all that big on fighting games but MK is one of the better ones. Is MK9 multi-platform (meaning for various counsels)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:22 am