Otaku of America

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Otaku of America

A safe place for American Otaku, Anime Fans and Japanese Pop Culture Enthusiasts.

2 posters

The official SUB vs DUB thread.

TylerJunky
    TylerJunky
    Admin

The official SUB vs DUB thread. Empty The official SUB vs DUB thread.

Post  TylerJunky Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:51 am

Since this is a topic I've heard way to much debate on throughout my ten long years of being an otaku I decided to come out with discussion to end all discussions on the subject. English Subbed Anime vs English Dubbed anime.

Lets get to it.

I know that what it comes right down to is that it’s simply a matter of personal opinion. Some people like Original Japanese audio with English Subs because its staying truer to its original Japanese origins. Which I respect. I’m the same way so in essence I prefer the subs. Plus since torrents are how I get most of my anime. I’m often stuck with fansubs. But I’m also 100% okay with Dubs. I vary rarely come acrose a dub that I hate. But I well say though that some - I say again some - aniem’s just shouldn't be dubbed.

For example. The K-On Anime!!

Mind you I haven't watched the whole English Dub of the first season. I’ve only seen one or two clips, But from what I saw I wasn't impressed. The Dub lacked the moe/cuteness that I was so fond of in the series. Yui’s voice in the trailer was enough to turn me off. She sounds like a god damn pre-school teacher.

Another thing that sounds wrong in most English Dubs is the cute sounding words certain characters say. A perfect example is the English Dub of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When they Cry) When Rika says “Nipa” for the first time. Reba West totally bastardized Rika’s cuteness.

So let the discussion commence. Do you like English Dub or English subbed anime. And Give reasons as to why.
    OtakuSiner91
    OtakuSiner91

The official SUB vs DUB thread. Empty Re: The official SUB vs DUB thread.

Post  OtakuSiner91 Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

I download Fansubs all the time. And I’m Okay with them. But reading subtitles along with trying to keep up with whats happening on screen is hard sometimes. Exspesaly when there are two sets of them on both the top and bottem of the screen Mad .

If I like an anime and it licenced and dubed in english then what I do I buy it and erase the fansubs off my hard drive to make room for more fansubs Twisted Evil .

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:28 pm